So, in order to work together, we need to collect some data from you. What do we do with it?
What information we we collect?
- Names, addresses and contact information of your company, especially of the contact person(s) we’ll be liaising with.
- Notes of any telephone calls and emails in regard to the photos that you want from us.
- If you email us or send messages via social media these are stored within our email system or social media accounts. They are stored for as long as practicable to allow us to provide you with better future services.
Who is collecting the data?
- The data is collected by Commercial Photography North West, owned and run by Martin Hambleton, 60 The Downs, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 2QJ. We use a password protected system to manage all data held.
How is it being collected?
- The majority of our data is collected directly from you, whether via a form you’ve filled in, email, message, phone call or face-to-face.
- In some cases the data may have been supplied by a third party (usually in the case of a referral). This is usually limited to a name and contact details.
Why is it being collected?
- Most of the data collected is solely for the purpose of providing you with the service you have commissioned.
- Some of the data is to help provide you with a better customer service experience.
- We are required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with us.
How will it be used?
- Data we collect will be used by Commercial Photography North West to enable us to provide our services and products to you.
- Contact data (email addresses) may be used to send you direct offers from Commercial Photography North West, information about upcoming promotions or newsletters. These can be unsubscribed from at any time.
- Data held may be occasionally analysed internally for business and forecast purposes.
Who will it be shared with?
- We take your privacy very seriously. We do not share or sell your data to third party organisations. There are only a very limited number of scenarios where we will share your data with third parties, including:
- Delivery and courier services, in order to send you documents and/or products (so, names, addresses and possibly email addresses/mobile numbers to check delivery addresses)
- Manufacturers (ie. professional print labs) if we are sending an order directly to you from a lab (names, addresses and possibly email addresses/mobile numbers to check delivery addresses)
- Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements – we will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
How will this affect you?
- It shouldn’t. We collect, store and process your data in such a way that it should have no negative effect on you or your business.
How long is the data stored?
- Most data we collect is stored indefinitely. This is to allow us to provide a better service to you as a client in the event that you contact us again in the future.
- We are legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time e.g. sales and payment records.
Access to stored data
- If you have any questions about the data we hold about you, please feel free to contact us.
- You have the right to request a copy of any data we store about you, and we will happily comply with any requests as per the guidance of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- If you would like clarification on any of the points above or how we collect, store and process your data, please contact us directly.
- If you would like further information on the legal guidelines we operate within, or have any concerns about how we use your data, please check the ICO’s website at www.ico.org.uk.
- This business is owned and operated by Martin Hambleton, trading as Commercial Photography North West.
- Our principal place of business is 60 The Downs, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 2QJ.
- You can contact us in writing at the above address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.